Thursday, May 30, 2013

Talk About A Change In Course...

Well... It seems as though my Senior Project has taken on an ENTIRELY NEW direction. Rather than prattling on about graduation and self-actualization which, according to the grapevine, I manage to to do so eloquently, I've decided to give a speech about a cause that has shaped my life in more ways than one and ultimately has helped decided the path I want to proceed on. 

About a month or so ago, Dr. Preston asked me what I was passionate about and though I could feign passion in all the right areas at all the right times... I really didn't have an answer to his question. You see, after discovering my mother was ill and would have to undergo serious treatment and surgery, I put my life on pause in order to help her continue hers but by doing so I also lost pieces of who I was. I had essentially hollowed out and because of that I didn't know myself anymore. 

So after some intense thought and hours of work later I came up with a speech about an issue so severe that I get chills just thinking about it. I will be giving a speech on child abuse through the eyes of a victim. This issue has shaped my life in so many ways and was the original catalyst in my decision to become a lawyer. I hope this speech meets any and all expectations and if not..... Well TOUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment