Thursday, February 28, 2013

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

When originally signed to read the first chapter of this novel, I had the typical and almost natural reaction that all teenagers have when asked to read something for class (you know? that guttural groan of distaste and slight misery? yeah, that one!). Yet like all good student I did as I was asked and read both the foreword and chapter one and what I found shocked me quite genuinely. It's not very often that I get to say this when it comes to books that are assigned to me, in fact the last time I said this was when I read Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, but I'll come right out and say it: I thoroughly enjoyed what I read. Now, I must admit that it was late in the night when I read and that I read along with an audio book to make sure I wasn't absentmindedly skipping over parts but in spite of all of that I actually found the first chapter to be very interesting and it held my attention. So I admit with humbleness that I was wrong to feel that this book was going to be a burden and that I look forward to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment