Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I Am Here...

So how far have I come along since my last post that put me on the SMART Goal map? And how have I used this course in order to further myself towards my goals? Well... Let me think...

If I were to look at things the way they stand now I'd say I'm doing pretty well for myself. I've been accepted into a total of seven different universities and am waiting to hear back from several more. This course has been a great way for me to explore several different avenues of my thinking and I've been able to utilize the tools given to help me gain a familiarity with the AP Exam, but in all actuality what does that all really mean is my question.

What I've found out throughout my life, in the short amount of time I've been on this earth, is that success isn't really relative to whether or not you accomplish your goal. I used to have this misconception where you had to reach an end game in order to feel accomplished and happy, and to some degree this is true, but in reality if your happiness can only be measured by the success of reaching your goal then I'd rather be utterly unhappy. Success, rather than being measured by accomplishment, should be measured by personal satisfaction not in what you've done but with who you've become. So with this in mind I must ask myself, where am I? And I can reply with a sense of content that I don't exactly know where I am, and that's what makes everything so interesting. Just because I've done so well so far doesn't mean that things will work out the way I planned or want and I'm okay with that because even SMART Goals can be something you want but not something you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment