Saturday, October 27, 2012

Filter Bubbles On Facebook...

So I was casually taking a stroll through my facebook news feed when I came across a post from a page I had never heard from and didn't remember "liking". So, naturally, I go to the post and try to read what it says and imagine my surprise when I saw it was about weaves! Now for those of you who are unaware, I am both mexican and black (I enjoy calling it "blaxican" for short) so when I saw this post I automatically thought "Facebook knows I'm half black!" But the more I thought about it, the more I began to wonder, "how did Facebook know?!" After about five minutes of contemplation my mind turned to a video Dr. Preston had shown my class earlier in the week about Filter Bubbles. Needless to say I now understand firsthand how Filter Bubbles REALLY work. Now please be mindful that I feel wronged or offended by the post, I merely want to show that filter bubbles don't only apply to your viewing habits on  the internet. So for your viewing enjoyment, I took a screenshot of the post and it is displayed below!


No comments:

Post a Comment